Saturday 27 May 2017

Awkward Encounters no.1

Hey so this is the first post of my awkward encounters so well here goes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So once at a wedding and mind you this was brown wedding with millions of peoples. The bride hadn't arrived yet (at a certain function of a brown wedding the groom comes first and the bride arrives later) and the groom was sitting on the stage surrounded by a couple of people. My cousin was supposed to give the groom a bouquet of flowers but she's really shy so she asked me to carry the flowers to the stage and when we reached the stage she would take the flowers from me and hand it to the groom.
So I took the flowers and starting walking towards the stage. We reach the stage and I stop right in front of the groom. And everyone on the stage including the groom looks up at us expectantly. Now I'm just staring at my cousin and she's staring right back at me. It's like she got possessed by a devil and she'd forgotten everything, the little idiot. This goes for about one awkward minute with everyone just silently staring at each other. Finally my cousin reaches out her hands and I'm thankful that she'll take the flowers from me at last. I hold the flowers out to her and my cousin simply pushes me. Like straight up shoves me into the groom. I stumble and fall straight into the groom's lap. There's an awkward silent moment which seems like an eternity. During this the groom is staring down at me and I'm just staring up at him, our faces inches apart. The groom breaks the silence by bursting out in laughter. I immediately jump off and run out the hall. After this a lot of the people in the hall burst into laughter. I was so embarrassed  and this is definitely one of the most embarrassing moments of  my life thanks to my cousin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a SMILEY day :)